Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Acknowledging reality

So it goes... nothing ever changes if you deny your present reality.
fear it, and it draws nearer...
deny it... and there it will remain.

I've been denying my reality for as long as I remember.

I guess you could say I was always striving to be something more than my current self.
But to spend your time wanting to be something else, while ignoring the beauty of where you are
and who you are...
basically means, you still have a lesson to learn.

Acknowledge the beauty that is within you right now.
Acknowledge the reality of your life as it is in the present moment.

One thing I know now... that I never wanted to admit to myself before:
I am undeniably... completely... and seemingly irreversibly...
involved in this rat race.

Tell me, please...

Can a rat be beautiful?

3 Comments:

Blogger Weave said...

My old girlfriend used to reprimand me, saying "you're always living in the past, or the future...never the present!" She was right...always thinking of the good times gone by, or how great things would be in the future if only I could (insert action verb here). Now I try to enjoy the present as much as that utopian future I want for myself.

At GM, in project management training, we were taught that in order to complete a project, you had to assess where you were today, project where you wanted to be tomorrow, and then create a plan of doable action steps and a timeframe that would get you where you wanted to go. I try to do that with my personal life as well... set up some small goals that will get me closer to the big ones.

Something to think about!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda Koh said...

so strange...
coincidental, one might say...
that what we need...
always seems to come to us
just as we need it.

i am still struggling
with acceptance of where I am...

but you are right...
the biggest thing, is that I haven't come
to where I wanted to be.....

and the best way to do that,
is just as you said...

analyze where I am currently,
figure out where I want to go...
and break it into actionable steps...
and do those every day.

I seem to do that quite well
when I head out on a vacation...

but with my everyday life...

I look at my destination all the time...

and then start driving without a roadmap.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Amanda Koh said...

things are different for me now, and I have realized...

I have released my expectations.

I am open to my life, and enjoying my life as it is, right now...
and as a result,
more is coming to me.

I recently read, in Tomorrow's God, that expectation means that you WILL feel something in the future..... and hence, you can keep pushing that reality "just ahead" of where you are now.

I know I have done that while creating art........ "expecting" to create a wonderful piece, or "expecting" the spirit to flow through me to create it...

and the spirit doesn't enter me.

And now I understand, at least a little more, that relaxing in the moment, is an important step, in allowing what may be, to be.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home